Edinburgh Website Design Services
We get to know you and your business
Andrea and Katy get to know you and your business, working in partnership with you during the web design process to create a website that helps your business reach more customers.
All your website requirements taken care ofOur service is comprehensive – we create custom design, your web copy is structured to help increase the volume of sales and enquiries. We source the best images to give your website impact. Plus we organise your domain name, hosting and set up your email account(s).
Viewing your websiteImportantly you see our work as we are progressing. Your website is on a test server which you can access, so you see your website taking shape, we are happy to make any amendments to ensure you are happy with the outcome.
A WordPress website
Targeting your market
Help with web text
17 years partnering with Edinburgh and UK businesses
- Building Consultant
- Driving Instructor
- Life Coach
- Virtual Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Financial Modelling
- Letting Agency
Step by Step –
Our Web Design Process
Make an Enquiry
1. Please get in touch with us in any way that suits you, phone or email. We are keen to meet or have a phone chat with you to find our more about your requirements and learn about your business.
2. A consultation is typically about 30 minutes face to face in Edinburgh, or on a phone call. We want to hear about your business vision, learn about your business and we will then put together a costing for you.
3. With a proper and considered understanding of what you need to achieve for your business, we will put together some clear and priced up options for you. There is no obligation to proceed.
4. We provide a website design questionnaire which includes marketing and SEO related questions so that we can ensure we are creating your website with your target audience in mind. We plan the layout and structure of your navigation and website pages.
Design & Content
5. We design and develop your website. We will flow your logo and branding into your website home page so you have a distinctive look that shapes your online presence. We style your web copy and either you provide your own images or we source the best images for your website. You are involved in all this process and amendments are made to ensure you are happy with the look and feel of the pages.
6. Final adjustments can be made to the text and we provide you with a WordPress guide so you’re able to update your own text. We will set you up on our monthly WordPress maintenance plan so your website will stay up-to-date with all of the latest software and security patches. We will be here to offer you ongoing support on your website so it can grow with your business.
Frequently asked web design questions
How does a free consultation work?
We arrange a time and date, and you can decide whether you want a phone, video or face to face meeting in Edinburgh. It’s good to meet and chat about your requirements and for you to decide if we are a good fit. We learn about your vision and can answer any question you have. This helps us with putting together a costing. There is no obligation to proceed.
Do I pay a deposit?
We require 50% deposit for any project. This commits both parties to the work.
Can you help me choose the best domain name?
We have extensive experience working with new businesses and sometimes it’s difficult to know which domain name or business name works best. We are happy to offer our advice and give suggestions.
Do you set up hosting for me?
Yes. We can organise the purchase of your hosting as part of our service if you haven’t already done this. We work with Go Daddy as Resellers. In our experience they are the best hosting company to work with. We pass on a discount to you if you decide to use them. However, if you have already bought your hosting from another company, that’s fine too.
How many text changes can I make during the website project?
We like you to provide us with as much of a final copy of your text as possible. This helps us with the layout and the user experience of your website. We do expect text changes and allow for two rounds plus final ‘tweaks’ once the site goes live.
How long does a website project take?
We can work with you to your deadline. If you have an urgent deadline, we will try to meet it and so far we have not been known to miss one.
Do you supply images for the website?
We work with stock libraries to get the best images for you. They are professional high quality. We source what we think are the best images and work with you to ensure they reflect your business in the best possible way. We can also use images you provide and can touch them up so they are full of vitality.
Do you help with writing for web?
Yes. At the start of the project we sent you out a guide to help you structure your web copy. As we flow your content into the pages, we work on headlines for you and shape your text so it reads really well on the page. It’s really important to engage your potential customers.
Do you offer a maintenance package for the website?
Yes, as part of our service we offer maintenance packages to clients. For a fee as small as £10 per month we look after and monitor your website, updating WordPress software and plugins regularly with the latest security updates. We can also create a custom maintenance package for you, depending on your requirements. You can talk to us any time about your website and there is no contract.